Monday, November 4, 2013

Please check out some other posts I made after I decided I didn't like the name Hacker Complex...



http://missingeyebrows1.blogspot.com/

Some (ancient) updates are there.

Since this website got roughly one thousand times the hits that the others did, I'm sticking with this blog, The Hacker Complex. Maybe people just like to look up the word "weed"?

Here's my intro from the abortive blog http://missingeyebrows.blogspot.com/2012/01/life-is-experiment.html .

Hi. I'm Bryan.

Life is an experiment. And for me, sometimes it's thought experiments. But I do actually make stuff sometimes. I like to consider myself part of the "maker" movement, or what some call "hackers"-- but creative hackers, who break stuff to make stuff, not crack passwords and crap like that.

This will hardly be new for folks who like that sort of thing, but here are a few of my favorite websites:

Hack A Day

Make: Magazine

Geek Dad

Lifehacker

Although I may never forgive that last one for taking my first name choice. Maybe "Hackitall"? But I like Missing Eyebrows.

Is "hacking" or "making" all about electronics and computers? Well, here are some things I am interested in, and will probably get around to blogging about:

  • Holography and Digital Holography

  • Lasers and Other Optics

  • Cooking and Molecular Gastronomy

  • Bio-Hacking

  • Gardening

  • Fungus Hunting and Culturing

  • Sewing

  • Mathematics

  • Simulations

  • Aquaria, Terraria, and Palludaria

  • Kinetic Art

  • High Voltage / Energy experiments

  • Relativity and other Thought Experiments

  • Links links links!

I suspect things will soon become very interesting. So tune in next time-- same bat-time, same bat-channel!
-BJL

No comments:

Post a Comment